Monday, June 11, 2012

Unemployment Weekly Benefits by State

Day 6: First thing I had a chance to do was research on the unemployment benefits in Arizona. Unfortunately for me, Arizona is one of the worst state when it comes to unemployment pay: $240/week maximum, topped only by Mississippi at $235. Seriously, how do they expect a family of four to live on $240 a week? Freaking out is probably an understatement. I didn't sleep a wink last night. One upside, I was able to compile this list of unemployment weekly benefits for all 50 states. My reason for doing it was because of the difficulty I had finding the information. I thought perhaps other unemployed individuals would find it useful. Just click on the state to go to the source for the numbers. Some states offer a bit more per week for dependents, but some did not. Other states did not update their information so these could be 2011's numbers. Most of the sites, I found to be difficult to navigate and to find the information one would need. Some sites had too much information and some did not have enough. There were a lot of circling back and forth between several links before I could find the information I was looking for. That said, I hope this will be helpful to other folks out there.


State State Abbrev. Minimum Weekly Maximum Weekly
Alabama AL $45 $265
Alaska AK $56 $370
Arizona AZ $60 $240
Arkansas AR $82 $457
California CA $40 $450
Colorado CO $25 $454
Connecticut CT n/a $573
Delaware DE $20 $330
Florida FL $32 $275
Georgia GA $44 $330
Hawaii HI $5 $549
Idaho ID $72 $343
Illinois IL $51 $385
Indiana IN $50 $390
Iowa IA n/a $385
Kansas KS n/a $436
Kentucky KY $39 $415
Louisiana LA $10 $247
Maine ME n/a $372
Maryland MD $50 $430
Massachusetts MA n/a $653
Michigan MI n/a $362
Minnesota MN n/a $597
Mississippi MS $30 $235
Missouri MO n/a $320
Montana MT n/a $431
Nebraska NE n/a $354
Nevada NV n/a $393
New Hampshire NH $32 $427
New Jersey NJ n/a $611
New Mexico NM    
New York NY n/a $405
North Carolina NC $15 $522
North Dakota ND $43 $470
Ohio OH $0 $400
Oklahoma OK $16 $368
Oregon OR n/a $507
Pennsylvania PA n/a $573
Rhode Island RI n/a $551
South Carolina SC n/a $326
South Dakota SD n/a $323
Tennessee TN $30 $275
Texas TX $61 $426
Utah UT n/a $467
Vermont VT    
Virginia VA $54 $378
Washington WA $138 $583
West Virginia WV $24 $424
Wisconsin WI $54 $363
Wyoming WY $32 $444







No comments:

Post a Comment