An article by the Arizona Republic published in February of this year indicated that Arizona could become a leader in biofuels due to its sunny and dry weather, which is perfect for algae farming.
http://www.azcentral.com/arizonarepublic/business/articles/2011/02/07/20110207arizona-biofuel-industry.html
Though Arizona has a number of biofuel companies, most of these companies are using corn or non-feed stock (used oil from restaurants). So far, I have only found a handful of companies actually growing algae as a fuel alternative. I have listed the few algae farms below. If I miss any, please let me. Thanks!
http://www.azcentral.com/arizonarepublic/business/articles/2011/02/07/20110207arizona-biofuel-industry.html
Though Arizona has a number of biofuel companies, most of these companies are using corn or non-feed stock (used oil from restaurants). So far, I have only found a handful of companies actually growing algae as a fuel alternative. I have listed the few algae farms below. If I miss any, please let me. Thanks!
| Phyco Biosciences | 1490 S. Price Road, Suite 302, Chandler, AZ 85286 | 480-522-1002 |
| Diversified Energy | 2020 W. Guadalupe Road, Suite 5, Gilbert, AZ 85233-2804 | 480-507-0780 |
| Eco-Sol Group | 2509 N. Campbell Ave #120, Tucson, AZ 85719 | 520-250-6649 |
| Algae Biosciences Corp. | 2225 N. Gemini Dr., Suite 7B-E, Flagstaff, AZ | 928-240-1060 |
| Arizona State University - Algal-based biofuels & biomaterials division of BioEnergy Dept. | BioDesign, Tempe, Arizona | 480-965-2975 |
No comments:
Post a Comment